Tryouts for the this year's ANHS Women's Lacrosse team will be held at the ANHS Stadium in 3 WEEKS!
WHAT: ANHS LADY WOLVERINE'S TRYOUTS
WHEN: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 14TH, 2014
SIGN-IN AND ATHLETIC CLEARANCE VERIFICATION: 6:15PM
TRYOUTS START PROMPTLY: 7:00PM (MUST BE SIGNED IN AND CLEARED)
1. BLACK SHORTS, WHITE TSHIRT, CLEATS, RUNNING SHOES, MOUTHPIECE, STICK, GOGGLES, AND WATER. (if you do not have these, contact Coach Elkins at email@example.com asap for arrangements to borrow everything BUT the mouthpiece)
2. Athletic clearance slip (or be on the list already from another sport) from Mr. Middlebrook. Please download, print, and have this form filled out by your doctor: http://anhs-capousd-ca.schoolloop.com/file/1268488195601/1283092022293/5095591780155608870.pdf
Once completed by the doctor, please take the form to Mr. Middlebrook's office and you will receive an athletic clearance slip which you will need to bring with you to the tryout date.
3. Please arrive by 6:15pm with your clearance form. You will sign in and checked for clearance and be assigned a tryout pennie with a specific color and number so that all coaches can clearly evaluate and score your abilities.
4. Each player will be evaluated based on the possibility of three teams: Varsity, JV A, and JVB (or frosh/soph). We will make three pools from our initial observations, but all teams will practice together starting in January, and it is very possible that players will move up and/or down a level depending on their abilities and development. In fact, this can happen throughout the season so continuing to work hard and develop to a higher level is completely within your control! WE WILL DETERMINE THE NUMBER OF TEAMS BASED ON THE NUMBER OF GIRLS THAT TRY OUT, THE OVERALL TALENT LEVEL AND WORK ETHIC OF THOSE PLAYERS, AND THE BUDGET WE COLLECT FROM OUR POST-TRYOUT DONATION MEETING. We would love to continue to field three teams if we can make it work, but we will have to take a realistic look at the situation before we can make a final decision. You can help by continuing to work hard, give us your all at tryouts, and make sure that we are able to reach our fundraising/donation goals to support our programs.
5. If you have ANY conflicts (out of town, another sport, injury etc., PLEASE call Coach Elkins as soon as possible and communicate these to him so that he can try and assist you in working something out.
6. IF YOU MAKE A TEAM, THE PRACTICES WILL START ON JANUARY 20TH FROM 7-9PM AT THE ANHS STADIUM. The practices will be M-F (except for games and Spring Break) until the season ends in late May. You will be expected to attend all events, practices and games and support your teammates. If you have any questions, concerns, or doubts about your ability to commit to this expectation, please contact Coach Elkins in person or by phone (no text!) BEFORE you attend tryouts so that we are communicating and on the same page.
See you all there! It's going to be a GREAT year!