BELMONT PARKS AND REC/BELMONT OPTIMIST CLUB
YOUTH BASKETBALL INFORMATION SHEET 2013-2014
A. AGE GROUPS: All dates base on year 2013
3-4 cannot turn 5 before September 1 and must be 3 by December 31
5-6 cannot turn 7 before September 1
7-8 cannot turn 9 before September 1
9-10 cannot turn 11 before September 1
11-12 cannot turn 13 before September 1
9-13 girls cannot turn 14 before October 15 and must be 9 by October 15
13-15 cannot turn 16 before October 15
- For the purpose of being fair to all participants and coaches, players in their assigned age group will go through a draft (Except 3-4 & 5-6). ALL players will be drafted.
- The draft will be held as follows:
7-8 yr. old – Saturday November 23 at 12pm @ Belmont Middle School Gym
9-10 yr. olds – Saturday November 23 at 2pm @ Belmont Middle School Gym
11-12 yr. olds – Saturday November 23 at 4pm @ Belmont Middle School Gym
9-13 yr. old girls – Saturday November 23 at 6pm @ Belmont Middle School Gym
13-15 yr. olds - Saturday November 23 at 6pm @ Belmont Middle School Gym
3-4 and 5-6 yr olds will receive a call by November 25 about practice starting December 1
Players need to come to the draft ready to practice and run drills
B. HEAD COACHES only meeting: Monday November 18 – 6pm 9-10 yr. olds, 7pm 11-12 yr. olds, 8pm Girls and 13-15 yr olds. Tuesday November 19 – 6pm 3-4 yr. olds, 7pm 5-6 yr. olds, 8pm 7-8 yr. olds.
C. Exemption(s): Carpooling exemptions are not allowed for 7-8 and older age divisions.
1. Head coach son/daughter.
3. Relative that is the reason a coach is coaching (ex. An uncle is coaching for his nephew)
A. A player shall not wear anything that is dangerous to another player as ruled by the officials.
B. The players must wear non skidding basketball or tennis shoes.
C. Recreation Dept. will supply several balls. Players should not bring their personal balls to the gym.
A. Practices will start the first week in December.
B. The earliest the recreation dept has access to the Belmont Middle School gym during the week is 7:15pm. All middle school events will have priority. Other gyms will be used for the younger age groups plus Saturdays.
C. Games will start Saturday January 4. Games may be played on any day of the week. Once games start there could be limited practice time if any.
- Picture Button Sales: These can be purchased from the recreation department approximately a week after pictures have been taken. The cost of the button will be 2 for $5. We will only have buttons for players that take individual pictures on picture day.
- T-shirt sales: Will be available to order at the first week of practice. T-shirts are for parents and/or sibling (the players uniform is included with the registration fee). This will be a t-shirt in the same color as your child’s team with the team logo. The cost of the t-shirts will be $10 for YS-AXL, $12 for XXL, and $13 for XXXL.
A. The registration fee is $50 in city and $75 out of city per player and it covers the players’ jersey, shorts, officials, equipment, gym usage, staff, and any maintenance. THE FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE A TROPHY OR BANQUET.
B. No refund will be given after the registration date has expired. If a player drops after this point any items included with the fee will be forfeited.
Please help us keep the parks clean by picking up trash after the practices and games.
If you have any further questions please call 704-901-2070 or visit the website above.