The mission of Belton Tiger Youth Football League (BTYFL) is to enable young people to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment. Through this active participation, BTYFL teaches fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives. We will encourage mental and physical growth through trained instruction and keen competition. An emphasis will be placed on Self Discipline, Moral Values, Academic Achievement, and Social Skills.
BTYFL seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, BTYFL seeks to familiarize players with the fundamentals of football as related to the Belton Independent School District football program. BTYFL strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship and physical fitness.
· To encourage and increase youth participation in football.
· To ensure a safe and positive playing environment for all participants.
· To instill life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior work ethic in the classroom and on the playing field.
· Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play.
· On-field coaching is allowed for younger age levels.
· Will allow the participants to learn the Belton Tiger Football Program.
Safe Playing Environment
· Players are matched by age and weight levels.
· There are strict mandatory equipment requirements.
· BTYFL provides Coaching Clinics.
· An enforced national rule book incorporates time-tested rules.
· A full-time executive staff supports all local associations and assists in sound policy creation.
By providing a safe and fun environment, we will build a youth athletic football program that will: Shape character and create roles models, positively impact athletes, coaches, volunteers, and the community. We will develop and demonstrate the highest level of character, discipline, and leadership required to succeed on both sports and life.