Last Updated: February 20, 2017
Welcome new head baseball coach: Kyle Chamberlain!!!
The 2017 season is just around the corner and the staff is working with Kyle to get things ready. The participation and physical forms for 2017 can be found in the handout tab on the welcome page.
2017 Tryout Calendar
Monday February 27th - Tryouts Begin
A. 3:30pm to 6:00pm (all week)
B. Meet at cages
C. All players in baseball pants
D. Bring both cleats and tennis/turf shoes
Wednesday, March 1st: First Cuts
Friday, March 3rd: Final Cuts
Saturday, March 4th: 12:00pm to 3:00pm - Parents and Players Field Work Day
Wednesday, March 8th: 6:30pm to 7:30pm - Parent/Player Meeting in the Fishbowl at SRHS for those making the team
General Practice Rules
- All players are expected to be at tryouts unless they are participating in a winter sport at Southridge. If you are playing a winter sport, it is your responsibility to let Coach Chamberlain know of your intentions to tryout either through email or call/text.
- Bring Tennis/Turf shoes and Cleats to every practice
- Bring sleeves/sweatshirt daily
- No shorts. Wear baseball pants and a hat every day
- Bring your own water!
- 100% attendance is required. If you are going to miss, communication with a coach is necessary. Attendance in school for ALL CLASSES is required to practice and play in games (unless it is excused)
- Varsity/JV practice times (after tryouts) 3:30 - 6:00 PM
- Freshman practice times (after tryouts) 3:00 - 5:00 PM
- Team members will need to supply their own black belt, black socks, and black sleeves.
IMPORTANT !!!!! BEFORE TRYOUTS YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Turn in your completed participation form to the athletic office
Check this website for updates and forms (also attached on the email).
- Have a completed physical on file (good for 2 years, typically freshman and juniors need them)
- Participation fee, paid through the athletic office, by March 7th (For those making the team)
Games This Week
Please note: Sports Hotline (Rainout) number is (503) 356-2947.