The EJBSL Baseball and Softball Apparel Store is Now Open!!
EJBSL APPAREL STORE
We're happy to announce our new EJBSL Baseball and Softball apparel store! If you click on the link above you'll be taken to our site with Exeter Baseball and Softball apparel that you can customize!
When you pick an item, remember to click "Design Category" and choose either Baseball or Softball. This will give you many options for what is printed on the apparel. Then choose the color and you'll be able to see what it will look like before you place your order! All orders should ship within two weeks, so be sure to get your orders in soon!
2015 SPRING REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!
Register online via the ONLINE FORMS link on the left.
- Cal Ripken League (9-12 year-olds): $135
- Rookie League (7-8 year-olds): $75
- Softball League (7-14 year-old girls): $95
- Sibling discount: $20 off all siblings (first player pays regular fee)
Birth Certificates for all NEW players:
- We must have a birth certificate on file for all players in the league. If you are new to the league and are registering online, please mail a copy to EJBL, PO Box 471, Exeter. If registering in-person, please bring a copy with you.
New Refund Policy:
- We have implemented a new refund policy that will go into effect for 2015. There will be a $10 fee for any refunds given between registration and Evaluations on March 7. The fee will be $50 for any refunds given between Evaluations and Opening Day on April 11. After Opening Day there will be no refunds given.
When is the registration deadline?
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 28. If accepted, late registrations will be placed on a waiting list and assessed a late fee of $25. Please don't wait until the last minute. Please register early!!
- All returning players must re-register.
For more information on registration contact Lorraine Crist at 603-502-8718 or Dave Morissette at 603-978-9227.
- For Baseball, all players age 7-12 are eligible. ELIGIBILITY IS BASED ON CHILD'S AGE AS OF APRIL 30, 2015. Please, no exceptions!!
- For Softball, all players age 7-14 are eligible. ELIGIBILITY IS BASED ON CHILD'S AGE AS OF JANUARY 1, 2015. Please, no exceptions!!
- Players must reside in one of the EJBL boundary towns of: Brentwood, East Kingston, Exeter, Kensington or Newfields. No exceptions!!
- If you are interested in signing up for Babe Ruth Baseball (ages 13-18) please click on the Babe Ruth link on the left side of the page, this will take you to the Exeter Babe Ruth League site where you can register,
- EJBSL is a Non-Profit Organization (Limited Financial Aid Is Available).
Parents interested in volunteering as head or assistant coach.
- Complete an online Coaching application. The link is directly above the registration link on the EJBL home page.
Baseball Evaluations are set for Saturday March 7, groups and times TBA.
Mark Your Calendars, EJBL Opening Day is Saturday April 11!
GREAT NEWS FOR OUR SOFTBALL PROGRAM
We have some exciting news to share regarding the Softball program! Stratham has decided to join our league! Stratham will remain a separate program with separate administration, but will be playing in our game schedule along with Hampton. The league will now include all of the towns in SAU 16! Also, with the addition of Stratham we will be moving to U14, U12, U10 and U8 age breakdowns. This will provide our players with outstanding opportunities for competitive and fun games!!
2015 EJBSL - Granite State Baseball Winter Camps & Clinics!!
EJBSL is happy to partner again with Bruce Joyce and the Granite State Baseball School to offer our annual Winter Clinics and February Vacation Camp....just in time for the 2015 Evaluations! These baseball camps are set up exclusively for EJBSL boys and girls between the ages of 6-12.
- Sunday February 8 - 4-7pm
- Sunday February 15 - 4-7pm
- Sunday March 15 - 4-7pm
WHERE: Exeter High School Gymnasium
FEE: $30 per Clinic or $75 for All 3 Clinics
- Tuesday February 24 - 9am-12
- Wednesday February 25 - 9am-12
- Thursday February 26 - 9am-12
WHERE: Cooperative Middle School Gymnasium
FEE: $30 per Day or $75 for All 3 Days
DETAILS: In the 2015 Winter Baseball Camps and Clinics we will cover hitting, fielding, throwing and pitching. We will offer fundamental instruction, skill development, positive reinforcement and fun! Players will be placed in small groups for instruction and repetition and introduced to specific drills to help them prepare for their upcoming season. The EJBSL and Joyce have combined to offer these very successful clinics for several years. The EJBSL continues to enjoy a great deal of success and Joyce has over 25 years of coaching experience, including 21 years as a college Head coach. He is owner of the Granite State Baseball School and offers camps, clinics, team training and lessons throughout the year. He is currently an Assistant Varsity coach at Exeter High School and is a former EJBSL coach and EJBSL Meritorious Service Award recipient. Space will be limited for the winter baseball clinics and early registration is strongly encouraged. Go to www.joycebaseball.com for more information!
2014-2015 EJBL Board of Directors
Welcome EJBL's new Board of Directors for 2014-2015: Tim Bond, Stephanie Brackett, Lorraine Crist, Bruce Fielding, Todd Gibbons, Troy Gilbert, Paul Imbimbo, Rick LaFleur, Mike LaNigra, Doug Lenihan, Dave Morissette, Don Perrault, Eric Roffman, Shawn Roussin, Matt Smith and Bryan Wall.
A special thank you to our outgoing Board members - Chris Crawford, Brett Elmore, Ed Gullison, Brian Hoyt, Lee Rollick and Bob Stephens. Thank you for all your hard work!
Great Article on Lucas Currier
Upcoming Board Meetings
Board meetings are usually held the first Thursday of the month at the Exeter Senior Center on Court Street.
WHEN: Thursday February 5 at 7:00pm
WHERE: Exeter Senior Center, Court St., Exeter
All are welcome to attend!!
WE NEED YOUR HELP
To run a program of over 600 young athletes requires the participation of everyone. Parents are asked to assist for 3 to 4 hours of service. You will be asked to sign up and help out in some capacity.
EJBL is a self-funded, non-profit organization that provides the youth of Exeter, Brentwood, East Kingston, Kensington and Newfields the opportunity to participate in organized baseball and softball. All equipment, uniforms, field maintenance and improvements are funded by league registrations, corporate and individual donations through fundraising and revenue from our concession stand in Exeter. We receive no funds from any of the towns affiliated with the league.
EJBL is committed to teaching and promoting youth baseball and softball while using the experience to develop teamwork, strong character and good sportsmanship in all our participants. EJBL is a volunteer-run organization fully dependent on parent participation for successful operation.
We are affiliated with the Babe Ruth League and the Cal Ripken League. Our teams play on fields in all of our member towns. We have over 600 players on over 50 teams that participate in our baseball and softball leagues.
The EJBSL has implemented a new tiered corporate sponsorship program for any businesses willing to support our league!
- Platinum sponsorship level is $1,000. It includes a team sponsorship, a "Platinum sponsorship" sign and recognition at Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
- Gold sponsorship level is $500. It includes a "Gold sponsorship" sign.
- Silver sponsorship level is $250 (first year) & $200 for yearly renewals. It includes a "Silver sponsorship" sign.
- General sponsorship level is $100 and includes web advertising.
For more information email Mike LaNigra. Thanks to all our sponsors for their continued support!
Have you run out of pages in your score book? Simply click on this link to print another page. Scorebook
"Love the game and do your best - you’ll always be a winner." - Cal Ripken Jr., April 2007, to an EJBL player.
“Cal (Ripken, Jr.) is a bridge, maybe the last bridge, back to the way the game was played. Hitting home runs and all that other good stuff is not enough. It’s how you handle yourself in all the good times and bad times that matters. That’s what Cal showed us. Being a star is not enough. He showed us how to be more.” - Joe Torre