The purpose of the South Dayton Community Fast Pitch Softball League (SDSL) is:
A. To provide girls softball for as many children as possible in our respective communities.
B. To teach basic knowledge of the game of softball and to develop character in the children by teaching them to play together fairly, abide by the rules, and to win and lose like sportsmen.
The following communities have agreed to participate in the South Dayton Community Fast Pitch Softball League and agree to participate and abide by the league bylaws and the SDSL “Official League Rules” for the 2013 Softball Season.
* Bellbrook Lion’s Club Girls Softball
* Centerville Baseball League
* East Kettering Recreation Club
* First Kettering Athletic League
* Miamisburg Civic Youth Baseball and Softball Association
* Springboro-Clearcreek Baseball Association
* Waynesville Baseball Association
* West Carrollton South Dayton Fast Pitch
The SDSL provides two leagues of play in each age division as follows:
* ASA “Recreation” League – Intercommunity Recreation League
* ASA “All Star” Recreation League – Intercommunity Recreation All Star League
Each community organization is required and committed to the following process in forming its recreation teams:
1. Notify and advertise to all families in their respective geographic community jurisdiction regarding the opportunity for all girls meeting the age and residency requirements to sign up and play softball.
2. Conduct a community-wide open registration process.
3. Each community will conduct a league approved team formation process with a goal of creating teams of equal talent and avoid forming teams that are superior to other teams from that community.
Each Community may follow any process they would like in the formation of their "All Star" softball teams so long as all girls meet each community’s player registration and residency requirements.
SDSL organization bylaws and official game rules can be found in the "Handouts" tab of this website.
Good luck to all teams this upcoming season. Play Ball!